Sunday 28 April 2013

Fellsman

The longest of my training races for this Summer's exploits, The Fellsman is a 61 mile horseshoe yomp across a mixture of stony Yorkshire paths and trackless boggy tussocks, mostly the latter. I have run this event before but this was my best outing, owing in no small part to the constant well humoured abuse from 5 friends from Dallam club (Stu, Deasey, Barnesy, Jarv and Mike, all helping on my BGR). I also ran much of the race with Simon who I'd run with last year and then bumped into along the route this year, although Edwin, another BGR helper who I saw at the start the night before, I didn't manage to see on the route. Although as usual I felt I'd like to have run more of the night section, overall it was a great race, with fine weather, and I always ran within myself so that I finished feeling fine and ran the 2 mile road section and the cheeky hill at the end into the finish. A PB of 18:35, being 2 hours better than previous efforts was a great reward. If I can keep that pace and always 'have something left' on my BGR I'll be over the moon. Fellsmantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment