Tuesday 19 February 2013

With many thanks to Dave Shinn for sorting my blog out (!) I'm now ready to use the blasted thing. Training is going well enough, but it's early days. Some Lake District reccies have been missed owing to weather, but a great day out last Saturday with Dallam folk on the Barbon Fells under Stuart's trusty guiding.

Anyway, here is a list of reccies and major training runs in the Lakes or other suitable hilly parts for those who would like to join me; I'll update this with any additions and changes:

9 March: Wuthering Hike, W Yorks, 32m / 4400'
16 March: BG recce, leg and start time to be confirmed
13 April: BG recce, leg and start time to be confirmed
27 April: Fellsman, N Yorks, 62m / 11000'
11 May: BG recce, leg and start time to be confirmed
18 May: Old County Tops, Cumbria, 37m / 10000'
1 June: BG recce, leg and start time to be confirmed

And here is the team for the attempt, which I will
fill in as people confirm:

Leg 1, Keswick to Threlkeld

Nav:
Time:
Sherpa:

Leg 2, Threlkeld to Dunmail

Nav:
Time:
Sherpa:

Leg 3, Dunmail to Wasdale

Nav:
Time:
Sherpa:

Leg 4, Dunmail to Honister

Nav:
Time:
Sherpa:

Leg 5, Honister to Keswick

Nav:
Time:
Sherpa:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, at last the blogger is up & running, put me down for Time or Sherpa on Leg 2 for now as I am at work that weekend, if I do manage to swap weekends I could change to fit in wherever needed. Cheers, Jarv.
    PS just change one word in your blog above, get rid of "attempt" & put in "round"
    Always use round, not attempt, it sounds too negative !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete